A Modern Distributed Control System for Integrated Automation
In 2008, just when it seemed like DCSs might be overtaken by PLCs and PACs for good, Rockwell Automation introduced PlantPAx. Still the only industrial automation system that can handle the whole scope of building automation – including robotics, motion control and safety systems, as a Rockwell system integrator, E Tech Group often utilizes this impressive product in our clients’ control systems upgrades.
Widely regarded as one of the best distributed control systems (DCS) on the market, Rockwell is always improving PlantPAx’s design and capabilities. Clients for whom we’ve applied PlantPAx in their control systems integration project report increased productivity, streamlined processes, and peace of mind when it comes to asset security.
Fast Facts on PlantPAx
Highly-customizable and adaptable automation software, it’s easy to understand why clients see such significant ROI with Rockwell’s PlantPAx. A comprehensive and adaptable set of programs, PlantPAx may seem like a basic template library, but it’s actually so much more:
- Centralized facility-wide control and optimization
- Flexible implementation and application
- TVU-certified for cybersecurity
- Redundant controllers, power supplies and networks to negate hardware failures
- Easy access to facility analytics
- High-speed control and data acquisition that ensure precision and consistency
- Compatibility with Allen Bradley system integrators
- Supports process consistency
- Plant-wide process data management
- Broadest coverage of SIL levels and fault-tolerance
- Logix batch and sequence manager
Perhaps one of the most important facets of PlantPAx is its scalability, which allows our clients to plan for future changes and expansions knowing they won’t need an entire retrofit of their control systems with each step forward.
What a Manufacturer Can Expect After Implementing a PlantPAx Control System
As a user-friendly DCS with unmatched coverage as far as capabilities, all kinds of manufacturers – pharmaceutical, food and beverage, material handling, and more – can benefit from what PlantPAx has to offer. A well-designed and integrated control system that utilizes this Rockwell Automation software upgrades several logistical features of an industrial facility:
Less Maintenance: PlantPAx’s software has predictive maintenance features that catch minor problems early, minimizing repairs costs and downtime that come with major problems. Reducing the possibility of major malfunctions and associated downtime makes PlantPAx useful in mission critical applications.
- Improved Quality Control: Advanced control and monitoring capabilities, coupled with a user-friendly, real-time interface, ensures consistent product quality.
- Superior Data Analysis: Real-time analytics help users make better-informed decisions about plant operations, which can be especially useful in data center facilities.
- Increased Throughput: The streamlining PlantPAx-backed control systems offer production processes result in faster time to market by speeding up development and testing of new products, which is especially useful in automation for pharmaceutical and alternative meat applications.
These features add up to increased efficiency throughout your plant and its processes: reduced downtime, increased production rate, better reliability and validation, and reduced waste all allow a manufacturer to increase profitability while simultaneously reducing costs.
E Tech Group: A Rockwell Automation Partner
In a recent automation and integration upgrade for AMPAC Fine Chemicals, E Tech Group’s engineers selected the PlantPAx DCS to solve a number of issues this growing pharmaceutical manufacturer. Rockwell’s PlantPAx provided centralized control that was easily able to be adapted for varying production schedules. In addition, it also gave this single-product facility the ability to produce more than one product on the same equipment.
E Tech is one of top automation and system integration companies providing innovative, customized building automation solutions across a variety of industrial sectors, including data centers, material handling, life sciences, food and beverage manufacturers, and more. A Gold System Integrator with Rockwell Automation, we work together to streamline our client’s production, safety and security with integration solutions that increase profitability.